No-Fry Potato Skins
Servings and Ingredients
|4||large russet potatoes, scrubbed|
|¼ c.||olive oil, like Bertolli|
|½ tsp.||ground black pepper|
|1 ½ tsp.||chili powder|
|1 ½ tsp.||curry powder|
|1 ½ tsp.||ground coriander seed|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, but keep the oven on.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop out most of the potato flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of the flesh against the potato skin.
- Save the flesh for another use, such as mashed potatoes.
- Cut each potato in half crosswise into 3 pieces.
- Place olive oil in a small cup.
- Dip each potato piece into the olive oil and place it on a baking sheet, repeating until all potato pieces have been dipped.
- Combine salt, black pepper, chili powder, curry powder and coriander seed. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake the potato skins for 15 minutes, or until they are crispy and brown.
- Serve immediately.