Picante Potato Skins
Servings and Ingredients
|3 tbsp.||salsa or picante sauce|
|1 tbsp.||margarine, melted|
|¾ c.||reduced-fat shredded Monterrey Jack cheese with jalapenos|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Do not bake the potatoes in a microwave for this recipe, because the skins will become too soft. Prepare a cookie sheet with nonstick pan spray.
- Wash the potatoes and poke them with a fork or the tip of a knife in several places. Bake the potatoes 1 hour, or until tender; cool.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. (Reserve the pulp for another use). Cut each shell in half lengthwise; place on a cookie sheet.
- Combine the salsa and margarine; brush over the insides of shells. Bake until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the skins with cheese; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Variation Instructions: For a milder flavor, use Monterey Jack cheese without jalapeños. To increase the spice quotient, use a hot salsa.
99 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 4g