Monkey Bread Supreme
It's the pull-apart bread you can't get enough of—with the addition of chopped apples and nuts.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|3 tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|3||(12-oz.) cans Hy-Vee buttermilk Texas style biscuits|
|1||Pink Lady apple, chopped, peeled and cored, divided|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee chopped pecans, divided|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee light brown sugar, packed|
Things To Grab
- Gallon-sized resealable plastic bag
- Bundt pan
- Small saucepan
- Serving plate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine sugar and cinnamon. Shake and set aside.
- Open one can of biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Drop 8 to 10 biscuit pieces into cinnamon-sugar mixture. Shake to coat each piece. Repeat until all biscuit pieces from the first can are coated, placing coated pieces into a Bundt pan.
- Top coated pieces with half the chopped apple and half the chopped pecans.
- Repeat cutting up biscuits and shaking them in the cinnamon/sugar for the second can. Repeat Bundt pan layer with biscuits and remaining apple and pecan pieces. Cut up third can of biscuit pieces, coat in sugar/cinnamon and place on top of the apple/pecan pieces.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan and add brown sugar. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over top of biscuits.
- Bake for 30 to 34 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Let cool for 10 minutes in pan. Turn pan over onto serving plate.
550 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 25g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 740mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 80g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2013.