Louisiana Spicy Chicken Po' Boys
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. Hy-Vee light salad dressing|
|¼ c. blue cheese crumbles|
|6 Smart Chicken skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground chili powder|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee garlic powder|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cumin|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|6 (5 oz each) French Demi Rolls, split, hollowed-out|
|6 romaine lettuce leaves|
|6 Roma tomatoes, sliced|
- Combine salad dressing and blue cheese; cover and chill.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 strips. Combine chili powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder and cumin in a shallow dish. Rub spice mixture onto chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken, half at a time, 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly blackened and no longer pink and internal temperature of chicken reaches 170 degrees, turning occasionally.
- Line the bottom half of each split roll with lettuce leaf. Top with chicken, tomato, blue cheese mixture and the top of the roll.
680 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
- Sodium: 1410mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 78g
- Protein: 62g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2011.