Layered Banana Split Dessert
Servings and Ingredients
|12||whole graham crackers|
|3 tbsp.||margarine, melted|
|1 c.||chocolate chips|
|1 ½ c.||evaporated milk|
|½ gal.||Neapolitan ice cream, softened|
|1 c.||chopped walnuts|
|1||(8 oz) container Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed|
- Crush graham crackers. Mix crumbs with 3 tablespoons melted margarine and 3 tablespoons sugar. Reserve 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs and set aside. Press remaining crumbs into a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
- In saucepan, heat chocolate chips, 1/2 cup margarine, 2 cups sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla until thick. Cool.
- Layer thinly sliced bananas over graham cracker crumbs. Spread Neapolitan ice cream over bananas. Sprinkle ice cream with chopped nuts. Pour cooled chocolate mixture over nuts. Spread thawed Cool Whip over chocolate. Top Cool Whip with reserved 1 cup graham cracker crumb mixture.
- Cover and freeze. Remove dessert from freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in freezer.