Strawberry Layered Dessert
Servings and Ingredients
|⅔ c. boiling water|
|1 (3 oz) pkg Jell-O strawberry flavor gelatin|
|2 c. finely crushed Oreo cookies (about 20 cookies)|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
|1 (8 oz) pkg Philadelphia cream cheese, softened|
|1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed, divided|
|1 lbs. strawberries, sliced|
- In a small bowl, stir boiling water into dry gelatin and mix at least 2 minutes or until completely dissolved. Cool 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press into 9-inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add prepared gelatin mixture, beating well after each addition. Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping. Divide mixture in half.
- Top cookie mixture with half of gelatin mixture. Layer 2 cups sliced strawberries over gelatin mixture and top with remaining gelatin mixture. Top with remaining Cool Whip.
- Garnish with remaining strawberries and blueberries, if desired.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 3g
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of April 20, 2011.