Use different combinations of fruits, juices and flavored yogurts for variety.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 envelope(s)||unflavored gelatin|
|¾ c.||cranberry or orange juice|
|5 oz.||silken tofu|
|1 c.||vanilla yogurt|
|red food coloring, optional|
|½ c.||finely chopped strawberries|
|sliced fresh fruit, optional|
|½ c.||pureed fruit, such as bananas or peaches, optional|
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cranberry juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until gelatin dissolves, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add remaining 1/4 cup juice.
- Put tofu, yogurt, vanilla and honey into a blender container and whirl until very smooth, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides.
- Pour pureed tofu mixture into gelatin mixture and stir together to blend well.
- You can also add up to 1/2 cup pureed fruit (such as bananas or peaches) to the blended tofu mixture.
- If using cranberry juice and a more intense red color is desired, add a few drops of red food dye.
- Cover and refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of raw egg whites, about 1 hour.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries. Pour mixture into 9-inch-square pan and refrigerate until firm.
- To serve, cut into 1-inch cubes. Serve the "kubes" on plates with sliced fruit on the side to be arranged as the kids desire.
66 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Sodium: 25mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 3g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.