Don't Tell the Kids It's Tofu Cheesecake
Servings and Ingredients
|2 lbs.||graham cracker crumbs (vegetarian crumbs without honey)|
|4 oz.||maple syrup|
|½ oz.||orange extract|
|3 oz.||soy or rice milk|
|2 lbs.||silken tofu|
|3 oz.||frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed|
|2 oz.||apple butter|
|½ oz.||orange zest|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine vegan graham cracker crumbs, maple syrup and orange extract until crumbs are moistened. Divide between two 9-inch cake pans and press firmly into pans. If desired, press crusts into individual muffin tins to create personal cheesecakes. Bake 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Dissolve cornstarch in soy (or rice) milk. Combine with tofu, orange juice concentrate, apple butter and orange zest in a blender container. Blend until smooth. Pour into baked crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
- Cool and refrigerate until firm and set, about 2 hours.
- Store cheesecake in refrigerator.
259 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 280mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 6g
Vegan in Volume.