Grilled Soy Cheese
Servings and Ingredients
|2 slice(s)||whole wheat bread|
|1 tsp.||liquid or tub margarine|
|⅓ c.||shredded Cheddar-style soy cheese (or flavor of your choice)|
|2 slice(s)||green pepper|
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1/2 teaspoon liquid margarine.
- Turn 1 slice of bread with margarine side down and spread the other side with mustard.
- Top the mustard with HALF the shredded cheese and all the tomato slices and pepper rings.
- Top with remaining cheese and the other slice of bread, margarine side out.
- Put the sandwich on a nonstick griddle or pan and cook over moderate heat until the underside starts to brown and the cheese begins to melt.
- Turn sandwich over and cook until the bottom is browned and all the cheese has melted.
265 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 14g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.