Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||Smart Balance original|
|½ c.||packed brown sugar|
|2 tbsp.||light corn syrup|
|9||drained pineapple slices in juice|
|9||Hy-Vee maraschino cherries, drained|
|1||(15 oz) box Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix|
|½ c.||canola oil|
|2 tsp.||gluten-free vanilla|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Smart Balance in a 9-inch-square pan and place in the oven to melt. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; spread evenly in pan. Arrange pineapple slices on top. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan on cake for 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake. Remove pan; cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled. Store covered in refrigerator.
330 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 52g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 4%