Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|7 oz.||semisweet chocolate|
|8 tbsp.||butter or margarine, softened|
|⅔ c.||sugar, divided|
|¾ c.||finely chopped blanched almonds|
|chocolate shavings, for garnish|
- Melt chocolate over hot water in the top of a double boiler.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream butter with 1/3 cup sugar. Add egg yolks and beat at high speed of an electric mixer until mixture is very light. Add melted chocolate and almonds. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites with remaining 1/3 cup sugar until stiff. Fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the chocolate batter with a rubber spatula. Pour batter into an ungreased 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When cake is cool, run a knife around the inner edge of the springform pan and remove the pan frame. Chill cake.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.