Gluten-Free Rice Custard Dessert
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||uncooked rice|
|zest from one lemon|
|2||eggs, well beaten|
|cinnamon, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together milk, sugar, rice, lemon peel and salt until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a well-buttered 2-quart casserole dish. Set the casserole in a shallow baking pan filled with 1-inch hot water.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and stir well. Bake for 45 more minutes. Remove from oven.
- Gradually stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into beaten eggs; stir back into casserole dish, stirring well. Stir in raisins.
- Bake 30 minutes longer, or until the custard is set and the rice is cooked. Remove from water bath. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve warm.