Servings and Ingredients
|3 large eggs, separated|
|1 large egg|
|¾ c. sugar|
|2 tsp. lemon juice|
|Zest from half a lemon|
|¼ c. plus 1 tbsp potato starch|
|filling of choice (jelly, whipped cream, etc.)|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg yolks and the 1 whole egg until light. Gradually add sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind. Continue beating for 2 minutes.
- Sift the potato starch. Gradually stir starch into the egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites with salt until stiff but not dry. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Grease a jelly roll pan. Line greased pan with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper.
- Distribute the batter evenly on top of the greased waxed paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until the cake springs back when touched lightly.
- Invert cake onto a towel that has been dusted with confectioners' sugar. Remove the waxed paper. Roll up the cake together with the towel from the short side. When cake is cool, unroll and remove towel.
- Spread with 1 or more cups of the filling of your choice. Re-roll into jelly-roll shape from the short side.