Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||gluten-free brown sugar|
|¾ c.||white sugar|
|juice and grated zest from half a lemon|
|¾ c.||potato starch|
|1 tsp.||gluten-free baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place margarine and sugar in a 9-inch-square baking dish and place in oven until margarine is melted. Remove pan from oven. Arrange pineapple slices in pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until light. Gradually add sugar, lemon juice and grated rind. Continue beating until creamy.
- In a clean bowl, with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Gently fold the stiffly beaten egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Combine potato starch and baking powder. Fold into the batter.
- Carefully pour the batter over the pineapple slices in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a serving platter and let cool.