Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (20 oz) can Hy-Vee sliced pineapple, drained, 1/4 cup juice reserved|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ c. Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|½ c. Hy-Vee butter|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee flour|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla|
- Melt butter in saucepan, reserve 1/4 cup.
- Add brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Spread evenly in an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices over sugar mixture. Cut extra pineapple slices in half and stand on edge along pan sides.
- Beat together remaining ingredients including 1/4 cup butter. Pour batter over pineapple slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, invert onto serving platter.
Hy-Vee sliced pineapple label.