Servings and Ingredients
|1||(6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed|
|4 to 5 thin slices sweet red onion|
|1 slice(s)||Swiss Gruyere cheese|
|your favorite seasoning|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or prepare grill.
- Place chicken breast in a resealable plastic bag, seal and pound to a uniform thickness. Remove chicken from bag and place on a work surface. Discard bag.
- Place basil, oregano, onion and cheese on chicken breast. Roll chicken breast, sealing cheese, onion and seasonings inside the chicken breast.
- Crisscross or roll bacon slices around the outside of the chicken breast. If needed, use toothpicks to secure. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Grill, covered, on a piece of aluminum foil, turning occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes or until internal temperate reaches 165 degrees.