French Onion Beef Au Jus
Servings and Ingredients
|2||large sweet onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|½ c.||soy sauce|
|1 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1||(1.25 oz) envelope Lipton onion soup mix|
|1||(3 to 4 lb) bottom round beef roast|
|8||French rolls or 1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise and buttered|
|1 c.||grated Swiss cheese|
- Lightly brown onions in butter.
- Stir together onions, soy sauce, garlic, onion soup mix and water.
- Place roast in a 4-quart casserole dish. Add soy sauce mixture. Tightly cover and bake 2 1/2-hours in a 325-degree oven or until beef is tender.
- Remove roast and allow to rest 20 minutes before carving.
- Slice roast thinly across grain. Return slices to meat juice.
- Toast roll halves under broiler.
- Place hot beef slices on top of each roll half.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve open-faced with meat juices poured over each sandwich.
600 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 32g
- Cholesterol: 150g
- Sodium: 2140mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 50g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 6%