Fire-Roasted Apple Crisp
Servings and Ingredients
|6 c. peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee sugar, divided|
|½ c. Hy-Vee apple juice|
|⅓ c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee flour, divided|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee lemon juice|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon, divided|
|¾ c. uncooked Hy-Vee quick oats|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
- Place apples in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Combine apples, 1/2 cup sugar, apple juice, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Toss gently to coat apple slices evenly. Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, stirring until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
250 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 50g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 10%
Chef Kim Burow, Hy-Vee Executive Chef.