Servings and Ingredients
|1||(15 oz) can tomatoes, with liquid|
|1 c.||chopped onion, divided|
|1 ½ tsp.||chili powder|
|½ tsp.||ground cumin|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, chopped (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)|
|½ c.||chopped onion|
|½ c.||chopped green pepper|
|1||(16 oz) can fat-free refried beans|
|1||(10.5 oz) pkg silken tofu|
|3 tbsp.||chopped green chilies|
|12||whole corn tortillas|
|½ c.||shredded jalapeno or other soy cheese|
- Combine tomatoes, salsa, 1/2 cup chopped onion, chili powder, oregano, cumin, cinnamon and garlic in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Soften remaing 1/2 cup chopped onions and green pepper over medium heat in a nonstick pan (or in the microwave) with 1 tablespoon water. Combine with refried beans, tofu and chilies.
- Soften tortillas in a steamer basket over simmering water (or in a damp towel in the microwave).
- Put 1/4 cup bean mixture in the center of each tortilla and roll into a cylinder. Place seam side down in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish that has been coated with nonstick vegetable oil spray.
- Top with tomato sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake covered casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (40 to 45 minutes if previously refrigerated). Remove from oven, uncover and top with cheese.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
270 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 48g
- Protein: 15g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 45%
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.