Use that leftover Thanksgiving turkey in these enchiladas. Turn up the heat with spicy salsa and a dash of cayenne pepper.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. chopped onion|
|1 (4 ounce) can Hy-Vee diced green chilies, divided|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee salsa|
|1 c. Hy-Vee sour cream, divided|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee chili powder|
|2 ½ c. cooked and cubed turkey|
|2 c. Hy-Vee shredded cheddar cheese, divided|
|10 Hy-Vee fajita-sized flour tortillas|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee flour|
|1 c. Hy-Vee chicken broth|
|1 medium tomato, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In small saucepan, combine onion, 2 tablespoons green chilies and 1 tablespoon butter; saute; until onions are tender. Remove from heat. Add salsa, 1/4 cup sour cream, chili powder, turkey and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Divide turkey mixture among tortillas. Roll and place seam-side down in 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan. Blend in flour. Slowly add broth, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 3/4 cup sour cream and remaining chilies.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 720mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 17g
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 15%