Servings and Ingredients
|10||to 12 lbs prime rib roast|
|1||large white onion|
|1 ½ c.||salt|
|1 tbsp.||garlic powder, optional|
- Place prime rib in a large baking pan with the fat-side up. Add water.
- Cut onion in half and place in the pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over top and sides of roast. Sprinkle with garlic powder and place bay leaves in the water.
- Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 3-1/2 hours.
- Roast until meat thermometer reaches 145 degrees for medium-rare, 160 degrees for medium and 170 degrees for well-done.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing to lock in the juices.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.