Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c.||plus 1 tbsp Hy-Vee Dijon mustard, divided|
|2 tbsp.||fresh rosemary|
|1 tbsp.||minced garlic|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt, divided|
|1 ¼ tsp.||freshly cracked Hy-Vee black pepper, divided|
|1||(6 to 8 lb) bone-in rib eye roast|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee sour cream|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee horseradish|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee half-and-half|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mustard, rosemary, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Rub mixture over entire surface of meat.
- Roast, fat-side-up in a large roasting pan 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees. For medium-rare doneness, cook 2-1/4 to 2-1/4 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees. For medium doneness, cook for 2-3/4 to 3 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Remove from oven and transfer meat to cutting board. Tent with foil and allow to rest 15 to 20 minutes. Temperature of meat will continue to rise 5 to 10 degrees to reach desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, stir sour cream, horseradish, 1 tablespoon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and half-and-half in a bowl. Serve on prime rib slices.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 27g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 20g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%