Servings and Ingredients
|For Donut Glaze:|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|2 to 3 tbsp Hy-Vee skim milk|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|For Cinnamon-Sugar Coating:|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|Hy-Vee vegetable oil, for deep-frying|
|1||(12 ounce) can Hy-Vee buttermilk original biscuits|
- Combine all ingredients for donut glaze in one bowl and cinnamon-sugar coating in another bowl; set aside.
- In a deep fryer or large heavy saucepan suitable for deep-frying, heat oil to 350 degrees. Follow instructions for quantity of oil for deep fryer. For heavy saucepan allow at least 2 inches of oil.
- Separate biscuits and cut a hole in the middle of each one using a small cookie cutter or apple corer.
- Carefully slide the donuts into the hot oil for about 30 seconds. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon, setting donuts on paper towels to drain.
- While donuts are still hot, dip into donut glaze or cinnamon-sugar coating.
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2013.