Easy Mini Fried Pies
Servings and Ingredients
|Hy-Vee canola oil|
|1 (14.1 oz) pkg Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature|
|1 egg white, lightly beaten|
|8 tbsp. prepared or canned pie filling, divided|
|Hy-Vee powdered sugar, optional|
Things To Grab
- Fill a fryer or high-rimmed skillet with at least 2 inches of canola oil. Heat to 375 degrees.
- Unroll packaged pie crusts on a work surface. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut out 4 mini pie crusts from each pie crust. Discard scraps. Brush the inside edge of each mini crust with egg white. Place 1 tablespoon pie filling on the center of each mini crust. Fold each mini crust in half around the filling and firmly press edges closed, making sure all edges are tightly sealed.
- Carefully place one mini pie in the oil at a time and fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn the pies as needed for even browning.
- Remove pies to a cooling rack over paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Variation: Instead of pie crust, use biscuits rolled into 4-inch diameter disks.
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2011, Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2013.