Mini American Pies
These mini patriotic pies are topped with stripes and stars for a stunning 4th of July dessert.
Servings and Ingredients
|3||Hy-Vee refrigerated ready-to-bake 9-inch pie crusts|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee canned blueberry pie filling, divided|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee canned cherry pie filling, divided|
|Hy-Vee skim milk, for topping|
|Coarse sugar, for topping|
Things To Grab
- 4-1/2-inch mini pie pans
- Small star cookie cutter
- Silicone pastry brush
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut nine circles out of pie crusts 1/4 inch larger than pan rim, reserving scraps; fit six of the circles into the bottoms of six 4-1/2-inch mini pie pans, reserving remaining circles for tops.
- Add 1/2 cup blueberry pie filling to each of three prepared pie pans. Repeat with 1/2 cup cherry pie filling in remaining three pie pans.
- Cut a star shape out of center of each three remaining circles, reserving center cut-out stars; fit circles over blueberry filling and pinch edges to seal with bottom crust.
- Cut 1/2-inch-wide strips of remaining pie crust scraps; lay parallel to one another 1/2 inch apart on top of cherry filling, sealing to edge. Cut 6 extra stars out of pie crust scraps and using them and reserved stars, place 3 stars on top of stripes on each pie.
- Lightly brush top crusts of all pies with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
590 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 28g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 89g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2012.