Grandma's Mini Cherry Pies
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee apple cider vinegar|
|½ c.||ice cold water|
|2||(21 oz each) cans cherry pie filling|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt and cut in shortening with a knife.
- Add vinegar, egg and water; mix with fork.
- Divide dough into four parts; wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- For each mini pie place one dough ball on floured surface; cut off one-third of the dough; set aside. Roll remaining dough to fit the pie tin; trim the edges with a sharp knife. Combine the excess pie scraps with the remainder of the dough ball, roll out, and cut 1/2-inch strips. Spoon one half can of pie filling into each shell.
- Place the strips on pie filling to form a lattice top, trim to fit, and press the edges of the lattice to the lower crust edge with a dab of water to seal.
- Bake on a baking sheet approximately 35 minutes until golden brown; cover the edges and/or top with foil to prevent crust from browning too quickly. Cool on wire rack.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Garden 2007.