Blueberry Mini Donuts with Lemon Glaze
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 ¾ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 c.||fresh blueberries|
|Lemon confectioner’s glaze, recipe below|
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg and mix.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla extract. Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a resealable plastic bag with a small corner cut off.
- Preheat Babycakes Donut Maker* according to instructions. When heated, fill each donut cup with 2 tablespoons batter. Close lid and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Use enclosed fork to carefully remove donuts from machine. Place on a rack to cool.
- When cooled, ice with lemon confectioner’s glaze.
- To make lemon confectioner’s glaze, in a small bowl whisk together 2-1/4 cups Hy-Vee powdered sugar, 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp grated lemon zest until sugar is dissolved and no lumps remain. Use immediately to glaze donuts.
- * To make without Babycakes Donut Maker, preheat oven to 325 degreesF. Lightly grease a mini donut tin with cooking spray. Fill each cup 3/4 full and bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove donuts from the pan to a cooling rack.
100 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2011.