Spice Drop Mini Donuts
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|4 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, softened|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 ¾ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 c.||quartered Hy-Vee Spice Drops|
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg and mix.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla extract. Stir in Spice Drops.
- Pour batter into a resealable plastic bag with a small corner cut off.
- Preheat Babycakes Donut Maker* according to instructions. When heated, fill each donut cup with 2 tablespoons batter. Close lid and bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden. Use enclosed fork to carefully remove donuts from machine. Place on a rack to cool.
- When cooled, ice with confectioner's glaze and top with spice drop holly*.
- * To create spice drop holly, roll green spice drops out with a rolling pin and cut out leaf shapes. To keep rolling pin from sticking, sprinkle drop liberally with granulated sugar as you roll drops out. To create berries, quarter a red spice drop and roll the smaller pieces into a ball between thumb and forefinger.
- * To make without Babycakes Donut Maker, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a mini donut tin with cooking spray. Fill each cup 3/4 full and bake for 8 to 9 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove donuts from the pan to a cooling rack.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 55mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2011.