Crunchy Grain and Seed Granola Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|3 c. puffed kamut, puffed wheat or puffed rice|
|3 c. flaked cereal, such as Special K|
|3 c. rolled oats, such as Bob's Red Mill rolled 5 grain cereal|
|1 c. toasted quinoa, toasted in a dry pan on the stovetop|
|½ c. chia seeds|
|1 c. raw or roasted salted almonds|
|1 c. dried cranberries, blueberries and cherries|
|1 c. roasted salted sunflower seeds|
|1 c. roasted salted pumpkin seeds|
|1 c. creamy or chunky almond butter, soy butter or peanut butter|
|1 c. brown rice syrup|
|⅓ c. honey|
|3 tbsp. light brown sugar|
|2 tsp. cinnamon|
|2 tsp. vanilla or vanilla bean paste|
- Line a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with a long sheet of parchment paper, so ends extend over edges of pan.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the almond butter, brown rice syrup, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until sugar has melted, the almond butter has thinned and the mixture is bubbling around the edge.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well. When everything is equally coated, spread the mixture into the pan. Press the mixture down with the bottom of a measuring cup or the back of a wooden spoon. Allow to cool completely.
- When completely cool, lift the ends of the parchment and put onto a cutting board and cut into bars or squares. Wrap the individual bars in foil or plastic wrap and store them in a resealable plastic bag at room temperature.
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%