Granola Snack Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|¼ c. butter or margarine|
|4 c. miniature marshmallows|
|1 c. rolled oats|
|1 c. crushed graham crackers|
|½ c. flax seed|
|½ c. raisins, chopped (or other dried fruit, such as apricots)|
|¼ c. raw sunflower seeds, shelled|
|¼ c. unsweetened fine coconut|
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows. Cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, graham crumbs, flax seed, raisins (or apricots or other fruit), sunflower seeds and coconut until thoroughly coated.
- Press mixture into a greased 9-by-13-inch pan with greased fingers. For a thicker bar, press into a greased 9-by-9-inch pan.
- Let mixture cool. Cut into 6 rows lengthwise and 4 crosswise.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 16g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Family Favourites Flax cookbook.