Crunchy Peanut Butter Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|3 c.||Hy-Vee peanut butter crisp crunch cereal, crushed to 1 1/2 cups|
|1 ½ c.||uncooked Hy-Vee quick oats|
|¾ c.||packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|⅓ c.||corn syrup|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee crunchy or creamy peanut butter|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish.
- Combine cereal, oats, sugar, salt and butter. Add corn syrup and vanilla; stir until mixed. Press mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until bubbly. Cool in baking dish on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and powdered sugar in small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Spread over cereal layer. Chill 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Store in airtight container.
- Microwave Directions*:
- Lightly grease 13-by-9-by-2-inch microwave-safe baking dish.
- Combine cereal, oats, brown sugar, salt and butter. Add corn syrup and vanilla; stir until mixed. Press mixture into prepared baking dish. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) for 2 1/2 minutes or until hot and crust starts to bubble.
- Cool in baking dish on wire rack. Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and powdered sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes until melted and smooth, stirring every minute. Spread over cereal layer. Chill 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars.
- *Due to differences in microwave ovens, cooking time is approximate.
102 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 86mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 12g
- Protein: 2g
Hy-Vee Peanut Butter Crisp Crunch Cereal.