Take wing lovers on a new taste adventure! Stuff wontons to the max with a cheesy chicken and buffalo sauce filling, fry them up extra crispy and you've got yourself a winner for your game-day party.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 oz.||Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|¼ c.||crumbled blue cheese|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Hickory House buffalo wing sauce|
|1 ¼ c.||shredded Hy-Vee rotisserie chicken|
|3||Hy-Vee large eggs, divided|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee panko crumbs|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|Canola oil for deep-frying|
|Additional Hy-Vee buffalo wing sauce, for serving|
Things To Grab
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet; set aside. Pour oil to a depth of 1-1/2 inches into a wok, deep skillet or 5-quart Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat to about 325 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer. (If you don't have a deep-fry thermometer, stick a dry bamboo chopstick into the oil; if it takes about 2 seconds for bubbles to rise and encircle the chopstick, the oil is ready.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, blue cheese and buffalo wing sauce. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in chicken; set aside.
- For egg wash, in a small bowl whisk together 1 egg and water; set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Add 2 teaspoons chicken mixture to center of each wrapper. Brush egg wash on edges to moisten. Fold edges together to form a triangle, pressing to seal. Place filled wontons on prepared baking sheet. When all are filled, loosely cover with a kitchen towel to keep from drying out.
- Place panko crumbs, flour and remaining eggs in three separate shallow bowls; lightly whisk the eggs. Dip wonton triangles, one at a time, into flour, then egg; coat with panko. Return to parchment-lined pan.
- Working in batches of 4 to 6, slide dipped wontons into the hot oil and fry for 20 to 30 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Use a skimmer to transfer to the wire rack to drain. Serve hot with additional buffalo wing sauce.
Ahead-of-the-Game Plan: Fill wontons as directed the day before; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Remove wontons from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Dip and fry as directed.