Soaking dried cranberries in orange liqueur adds a special accent to these crisp and crunchy twice-baked treats. Serve them with a warm beverage, or even a cocktail, for dipping.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||Hy-Vee dried cranberries|
|Orange liqueur, as needed|
|2 ¼ c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 ½ tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|¾ c.||roasted and salted shelled pistachios|
|⅓ c.||Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips|
|8 oz.||white chocolate baking bars, chopped|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee shortening|
- In a small bowl, cover cranberries in enough orange liqueur to cover cranberries; soak 1 hour. Drain; discarding liqueur.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in as much flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Stir in drained cranberries, pistachios and chocolate chips. Dough will be soft.
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into two 15-by-4-inch loaves. Place loaves 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
- Carefully transfer loaves to cutting board. Cut each loaf into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, back on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; gently turn slices over and bake 10 minutes more or until dry. Transfer to a wire rack; cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate chunks and shortening. Microwave on HIGH for 30-second intervals or until melted, stirring frequently. Or melt chocolate and shortening in a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- Dip ends of each biscotti into melted white chocolate. Let dry on a wax paper-lined baking sheet until set.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.