Gluten-Free Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
Any occasion is a good time for these gluten-free chocolate and peppermint treats.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c. gluten-free quick-cooking oats|
|½ c. Hy-Vee unsweetened cocoa powder|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|2 c. Hy-Vee sugar|
|½ c. Hy-Vee butter|
|½ c. Hy-Vee whole milk|
|1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract|
|½ c. Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee shortening|
|¼ c. crushed gluten-free peppermint candy|
- Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan. Grease foil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cocoa powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Continue to boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour over oatmeal mixture and combine well. Spread into prepared pan. Cool for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on HIGH at 20-second increments until melted, stirring each time. Cool slightly. Transfer to a small resealable plastic bag. Cut one corner and drizzle over bars.
- Sprinkle with peppermint candy. Let stand until chocolate sets up. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of the pan. Cut into bars.
260 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 40mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2015.