What makes these sweet corn cakes so addictive? Topping them with a spoonful of garlicky aioli.
Servings and Ingredients
|6 fresh ears of corn or 3-1/2 cups Hy-Vee frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|¼ c. onion, chopped|
|¼ c. red bell pepper, chopped|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|½ c. Hy-Vee light sour cream|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee stone ground dijon mustard|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee Worcestershire sauce|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|1/4 to 1/2 tsp Hy-Vee cayenne pepper|
|1 ¼ c. Hy-Vee plain bread crumbs, divided|
|¼ c. cornmeal|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee cooking oil, divided|
|Purchased aioli, for serving|
|Sliced green onions, for serving|
Things To Grab
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- 1/3 dry measuring cup
- Baking sheet
- Cut kernels off cobs, if using fresh corn. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet. Add corn, onion and bell pepper. Cook about 5 minutes or until onion and pepper are soft. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir together eggs, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cooled corn mixture. Gently fold in 1 cup bread crumbs. Chill mixture in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Use a 1/3 cup measure to shape 9 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Place on a baking sheet; freeze patties for 15 minutes for easier handling.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs and the cornmeal in a 9-inch pie plate. Dip patties into crumb mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon cooking oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add half of patties; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once halfway through. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and cook remaining patties. Serve topped with aioli and green onions.
240 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 15%
August Seasons 2017.