Cinnamon Rolls 1
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. warm milk|
|½ c. margarine|
|½ c. sugar|
|1 tsp. salt|
|2 tsp. dry yeast|
|½ c. lukewarm water|
|5 to 6 c. flour|
|¾ c. brown sugar|
|¼ c. sugar|
|2 tsp. cinnamon|
|½ c. margarine, melted|
- Heat milk and 1/2 cup margarine to lukewarm temperature. Place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup lukewarm water. Add yeast mixture, sugar, salt and egg to milk/margarine mixture. Add 2 cups flour. Beat for 3 minutes on high speed of mixer.
- Stir in remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough is rather sticky. Knead until smooth.
- Place dough in greased bowl. Let rise until doubled. Shape into rolls. Place in greased pan.
- Mix brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 cup melted margarine together. Spread over rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.
Hy-Vee Cookbook. Contributed by Norma Dreifurst of the Columbus NE store.