Luxurious almond-abundant granola is easy to prepare and makes a glorious quick breakfast when combined with yogurt, honey and fresh berries.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ⅔ c. Hy-Vee old-fashioned rolled oats|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee vegetable oil|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee honey|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee almond extract|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|1 c. Hy-Vee sliced almonds|
|½ c. Hy-Vee sweetened shredded coconut, packed|
|¼ c. sesame seeds|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee sunflower seeds|
|¼ c. wheat germ|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee dried apricots, chopped|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee dried cherries|
Things To Grab
- Large bowl
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, oil, sugar, honey, cinnamon, almond extract and salt. Spread in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Stir in sliced almonds, coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and wheat germ to the pan. Spread in an even layer.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in apricots and cherries; cool completely.
- Store granola in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Granola Breakfast Bowl: In a bowl, combine yogurt, granola, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Drizzle with honey.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 22g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 0%