Add an unexpected flavor to your granola crunch by using dried apricots instead of raisins. Banana chips, dried cherries and dark chocolate pieces are other fun ways to vary this recipe.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c. Hy-Vee quick oats, or Hy-Vee old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1 c. Hy-Vee whole natural almonds, coarsely chopped|
|¼ c. toasted wheat germ|
|¼ c. ground flaxseed|
|¾ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|½ c. Hy-Vee 100% pure maple syrup|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee honey|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee canola oil|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee dried apricots, chopped|
Things To Grab
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Airtight container for storage
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, wheat germ, flax seed, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl combine maple syrup, honey and oil; pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread evenly on prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until dry and lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Let granola cool to room temperature. Stir in apricots. Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 20mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2014.