Chocolatey Chip Cookies
Servings and Ingredients
|2 ¼ c.||all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp.||baking soda|
|½ c.||60% oil spread|
|¾ c.||granulated sugar|
|¾ c.||packed light brown sugar|
|1 tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1 to 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce*, optional|
|2 c.||reduced-fat semisweet chocolate baking chips|
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil spread, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs. Beat well.*
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- *To make softer, chewier cookies, add 1 to 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce to the egg mixture.
70 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2.5g
American Dietetic Association.