Chocolate Revel Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||margarine, softened|
|2 c.||brown sugar|
|2 ½ c.||sifted flour|
|1 tsp.||baking soda|
|3 c.||uncooked quick oatmeal*|
|1||(12 oz) pkg chocolate chips|
|1||(14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk|
|1 c.||chopped walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat 1 cup margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in oatmeal. Beat into creamed mixture. Set aside.
- To make chocolate filling, heat and stir chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, 2 tablespoons margarine and salt together in top of double boiler until melted and smooth. Stir in nuts and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Spread two-thirds of the oatmeal mixture on the bottom of a 15-1/2-by-10-1/2-by-1-inch pan. Cover with chocolate filling. Dot remaining oatmeal mixture on top of chocolate.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.