Raspberry-Chocolate Macaroon Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. Hy-Vee flour|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|½ c. Hy-Vee unsweetened cocoa powder|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|½ c. seedless red raspberry jam|
|1 c. Hy-Vee semisweet chocolate chips|
|6 egg whites|
|2 tbsp. amaretto or 1/2 tsp almond extract|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 ¼ c. ground almonds, divided|
|5 tbsp. Hy-Vee flake coconut, divided|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes or until just set.
- Spread jam over hot crust and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Beat egg whites and amaretto with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Add granulated sugar, 3/4 cup ground almonds and 2 tablespoons coconut. Beat just until combined.
- Spread egg white mixture evenly over bars. Sprinkle with remaining chopped almonds and coconut.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top is set and golden brown.
- Cut into bars while still warm. Cool completely before removing foil from pan.
- Lift bars from pan using foil.
150 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2009.