Chef Evan's Grilled Salmon Pitas
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||prepared pico de gallo|
|3 tbsp.||chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 c.||cooked Hy-Vee brown rice|
|½ c.||reduced-sodium black beans, drained, rinsed|
|2 tbsp.||Newman's Own lime vinaigrette|
|1 tbsp.||chopped fresh dill|
|12 oz.||fresh salmon|
|Hy-Vee coarse sea salt and fresh cracked Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|5||multigrain pita pockets, halved|
- In a medium bowl, toss pico de gallo, cilantro, brown rice, black beans, vinaigrette and dill. Cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium heat.
- Lightly season salmon with salt and black pepper.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on grill and cook 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of fish.
- When salmon is almost done, place pitas on the grill to warm.
- Remove salmon from grill and flake over rice mixture. Using a rubber scraper, gently fold the mixture together. Season with salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Stuff each pita half with approximately 3 tablespoons salmon mixture.
- Serve immediately.
390 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 51g
- Protein: 22g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 8%
Hy-Vee Seasons Back to School 2011.