Chef Don's Sweet Potato Casserole
Servings and Ingredients
|3 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed|
|½ tsp. salt|
|½ c. whole milk|
|4 tbsp. butter|
|1 tsp. ground nutmeg|
|1 tsp. ground cinnamon|
|2 c. mini marshmallows|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan. Add salt and water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce to a simmer over low heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are softened.
- Remove potatoes from heat, drain and return to pan. Heat over medium heat until liquid has evaporated, about 2 additional minutes.
- Remove from heat; add milk, butter, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mash until smooth. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with marshmallows.
- Bake until potatoes are warmed throughout and marshmallows are lightly browned, about 15 minutes.