California Cobb Burger
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. chopped bacon|
|⅓ c. minced Vidalia onion|
|½ tsp. vegetable oil|
|1 lbs. ground sirloin|
|1 lbs. ground chuck|
|1 ½ tsp. salt|
|1 ½ tsp. ground black pepper|
|6 oz. good quality blue cheese|
|2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened|
|6 Kaiser rolls|
|18 avocado slices|
|6 slice(s) sharp cheddar cheese|
|6 Boston lettuce leaves|
- Preheat gas grill to medium high heat.
- Boil 2 eggs in a small pot on grill side burner, set aside. When cooled, chop and set aside.
- In a 10-inch, nonstick, fire-proof skillet, cook the diced bacon and onions on grill until browned; drain excess fat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese and butter, set aside.
- To make patties, combine the chuck, sirloin, salt, pepper, bacon mixture; mix well in large bowl. Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal portions. Take about 1 tablespoon of the marvelous middle mixture and spoon it into each of the patties, folding or forming patty around the mixture.
- Brush the grill rack with vegetable oil. Place patties on the rack, cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired preference, turning only once.
- To assemble burgers, place one lettuce leaf on bottom portion of roll, then place slice of cheddar cheese, the patty, 3 avocado slices, and about 1 tablespoon chopped boiled egg. Cover with top of bun and serve.
Sutter Home, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of May 15, 2013.