Brown Butter Pazazz Apple Skillet Pancake
Add pazzazz to your pancakes with this apple skillet pancake!
Servings and Ingredients
|3 tbsp. butter|
|1 Pazazz apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp. brown sugar|
|¾ tsp. apple pie spice|
|¾ c. whole milk|
|¾ c. flour|
|Pinch of salt|
|1 tsp. pure vanilla|
|⅓ c. pecan pieces|
|Pure maple syrup, for serving|
|Powdered sugar, for garnish, if desired|
- In a 10-inch nonstick, oven-safe skillet, melt butter and cook until the milk solids just start to brown and it smells nutty.
- Add apple slices and sauté for 1 minute; add brown sugar and apple pie spice and toss to combine; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Slowly pour batter mixture over apple slices in skillet.
- Place skillet in a 425 degree oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and fully cooked.
- To serve, place a large dinner plate on top of skillet and carefully flip pancake over onto plate.
- Top with pecan pieces, maple syrup and powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.
570 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 31g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 90mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 63g
- Protein: 12g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 6%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1