Servings and Ingredients
|2 tsp.||onion powder|
|1 tsp.||garlic powder|
|1 tsp.||parsley flakes, lightly crumbled between fingers|
|1 lbs.||regular tofu|
- Combine onion powder, garlic powder, turmeric, pepper, salt and parsley flakes in a small dish.
- Crumble the tofu into a nonstick skillet or regular skillet coated with nonstick spray. Sprinkle combined seasonings over tofu. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until heated through.
- For Jazzy Scrambles, add sauteed chopped onions, chopped bell peppers and mushrooms to the basic Breakfast Scramble recipe.
- For Ranchero Scramble, add salsa. Makes a great filling for burritos.
- Test Kitchen tip: Quadruple the amount of seasonings and store in a jar. For a quick scramble, add about 5 teaspoons seasonings to the 1 pound tofu in the pan. For a single serving, use 1-1/4 teaspoons seasonings with 4 ounces of tofu for a quick lunch or dinner.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Protein: 13g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.