Servings and Ingredients
|Johnsonville fresh original bratwurst
|beer, at room temperature
|light fruity wine
- Place bratwurst in a large container that can be put on stovetop. Cover with equal amounts of beer, wine and peppercorns. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Add quartered onion. Place on range and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove bratwurst from liquid and rub lightly with olive oil.
- Place on a smoker or grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- This produces a nice, crispy outside and a melt-in-your-mouth inside.
- Suggestion: Soak applewood chips in cider vinegar and add to the coals before grilling brats, so they get a sweet smoky flavor.