Servings and Ingredients
|1 (19.7 oz) pkg Johnsonville brats|
|1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced into half-moons|
|1 tsp. ground mustard|
|1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper|
|2 (12 oz each) beers|
|5 hoagie or brat buns, split|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, optional|
|Stone-ground mustard, optional|
- Using a toothpick, pierce casing on each brat several times.
- Place brats, onions, ground mustard and pepper in a large, grill-proof pot. Slowly pour in beer. Stir to combine.
- Place pot on the grill. Simmer for 25 minutes or until brats are cooked through.
- Remove brats from the pot. Briefly place on the grill to crisp the skin. Lightly grill the buns if desired.
- If desired, remove onions from pot and place in a disposable foil pan. Add butter and place pan on grill. Cook onions until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Place brats in toasted buns. If desired, slather with stone-ground mustard and top with grilled onions.
560 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 31g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 1460mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 44g
- Protein: 26g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 2%