Ball Park Corn Muffins
Have the taste of corn dogs with everything on them. Great with split pea or lentil soup.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||flour (may be all or part whole wheat)|
|1 tbsp.||baking powder|
|1 c.||soy milk|
|1 tbsp.||prepared mustard|
|1 tbsp.||dried tomato bits, optional|
|1 c.||creamed corn|
|¼ c.||finely diced onion|
|¼ c.||finely diced green pepper|
|2||soy hot dogs, finely chopped|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together the cornmeal, whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- In smaller bowl, mix egg whites, soy milk, oil, mustard and tomato bits together. Stir in creamed corn.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ones. Stir just to combine. Stir in onion, green pepper and soy dogs.
- Pour the batter into 12 nonstick or lightly greased muffin cups. Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, until golden and the center tests done.
- Serve the muffins hot from the oven. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. They are best reheated.
143 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 195mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g
- Protein: 6g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.