Watch how this recipe comes together on HSTV.com.
Servings and Ingredients
|6 slice(s)||Hy-Vee reduced-sodium bacon|
|1||(8.8-ounce) pouch precooked long grain and wild rice|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|½ c.||chopped green bell pepper|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh parsley|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter garlic croutons|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a 1/2-inch slice from the top of each tomato and discard. Using a teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Discard seeds and coarsely chop pulp (should have about 1 cup). Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and crumble; set aside.
- Prepare rice according to package directions; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Stir in chopped tomato pulp, green pepper and parsley. Sauté for 2 minutes, until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir in bacon, rice and croutons.
- Spoon rice filling into tomatoes. Arrange stuffed tomatoes in an 11-by-7-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
170 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 60%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2011.